Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Emotional Week

I didn't want to rewrite this so I pulled it over from facebook.

I'd really love to skip the post altogether but without it our path from here won't make sense to anyone who might be following along on our journey.  Also, right now I will take all the prayers I can get.

I'm not sure how to write this. I sure know I don't want to write this. Three weeks ago we accepted the referral of a 5 month old baby boy in Ethiopia. We received a picture and his information. We named him Caleb. We washed and folded and sorted tiny blue clothes and prayed for a court date to get him home soon. We fell in love.

We received a phone call from our agency last Wednesday telling us that our little boy passed away, he had pneumonia.

Even though we never got to hold him or meet him, we loved him. And even though we know that he is in Heaven where he will never be hungry, cold, sick or abandoned ever again, we still grieve the fact that he won't be coming home to us. Adam and I and the girls need your prayers right now as we struggle to make sense of the situation.


July has been a very emotional month for me. In the last two weeks I have helped a momma welcome her beautiful daughter into the world and helped another momma say goodbye to her tiny sick son. I have given a baby her first bath and I have given a baby his last bath. I have rejoiced as Caleb was added to our family and wept when he was taken away.

I can't say I always understand God's plan, but I can say that I believe and trust in a God who loves His children and always keeps His promises. This life is just so hard sometimes and I am so glad I can look forward to something better someday. I pray that I can turn this all over to God and may my grief become a blessing to someone else someday.

3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

My heart aches because I didn't get to hold him or tell him he had a family. I know he knows that now. We are so sorry we didn't make it in time sweet boy. We hope you know how much you were wanted and loved.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment